Telescopic Handler Training
The course provides information on the safe and correct use of Telescopic Handlers and best practice to promote a safer environment for persons involved.
The courses are available for men and women over the age of 17 whether they have a driving licence or not.
All our training is accredited under the national Trained Operator Passport Scheme (TOPS).
We offer training to employees in the public sector and commercial businesses, individuals and people on Government schemes.
J1 to J7 levels
We can train operators on all types of telescopic handler from grades J1 to J7, these include:
- Telescopic Handler (Industrial Telescopic Handler)
- Telescopic Handler (Up to 9 Metres)
- Telescopic Handler (Above 9 Metres excluding 360 slew)
- Telescopic Handler (All sizes including 360 slew)
The courses take place over a number of days depending on the level required.
- Health & Safety at Work Act
- Lifting operations & lifting equipment regulations
- Personal Protective equipment
- Identification of components & terminology and capabilities
- Awareness of electricity and proximity hazards on site during telehandler operations
- Pre-operational checks
- Telescopic Handler Operation techniques, safe use of the telescopic fork lift
- Identification of controls
- Drive and manoeuvre machine, park and secure
- Prepare for transportation
- Driving on slopes laden/unladen, controlled stop laden
- Lifting loads and placing loads
- Placing loads on to and off of scaffolding towers
- Loading a lorry
- Practical and theory tests
Find out more
Please contact us for more information on the schedule and length of our courses, courses are held at our Training Centre in Ellesmere Port or the client’s premises.